Connect with us

NEWS

Another attack befall some part of Kaduna State

Published

on

A few weeks ago, thousands of villagers in Zangon Kataf and Kauru local councils, in Southern Kaduna were attacked by militias who have fled the area to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps and other places where they can find refuge.

Several villagers trooped to Kagoro, Kafanchan, neighboring Jos in Plateau State, Kujama, and Kaduna metropolis to avoid further attacks by the armed men.

The spokesman of the Southern Kaduna People’s Union (SOKAPU), Luka Binniyat, lamented the behavior of the state government towards the humanitarian crimes committed by Armed Fulani herdsmen.

According to him:
“Shockingly, the humanitarian crises generated by this crime against humanity seem in the least to have bothered Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State.

“Since the siege on Atyap land started last year, with that of Chawai that has been dragging on for over six years now, Governor el-Rufai has never visited any of the scenes of the violence and has never offered any form of assistance to the victims,”.

Binniyat noted that:
“in the last one week, atrocities have been committed in two local government areas; that is Kauru and Zangon Kataf, where 32 people were killed and four villages sacked. Unfortunately, the government has not shown any concern to victims of the attacks by the herdsmen.”

Narrating her ordeal, one of the victims, 45-year-old Mbiya Christiana Augustine, from Matyei Village in Atyap Chiefdom, said that she was sleeping at night when dog barks woke her up as armed herdsmen overran the village.

Speaking with Newsmen at the ECWA Widows Training School, Samaru Kataf, Zangon Kataf Local Council, which was converted into an IDP camp in July, Madam Augustine said:
“My husband was shouting outside that we should all come out and run. We heeded the instruction without delay. We ran into the dark through fields of growing corn. We ran as far as we could and hid in the bush. From there we could see the fire and the smoke coming from our village as houses were being burnt.”

Furthermore, she said:
“In the morning, we returned home and many other women and children were coming from the bush as we walked with the fear of the unknown to our village. As we got near, I could hear the voices of wailing women from Matyei, meaning that terrible things must have happened.”

As she walked on with her children, she discovered that every compound they passed by had been burnt totally. In nervousness, they hurried to their home to find it completely burnt. A small crowd had gathered.

“I asked about my husband. No one answered me. A woman came and held me and started crying. Then I heard one of my children screaming and calling the name of her father. She rushed into his room and I followed her in fear of the worst that could have happened to him,” she said in tears,

“He was nothing but a pile of ashes,” she said. “They shot him after he exhausted his bullets. Then they brought him inside and burnt him with the whole compound. We only buried his ashes,” she lamented.

Her husband, Augustine Arege, 50, was one of eight casualties recorded in the Matyei and the Abuyab attacks, which took place in Atyap Chiefdom that night.

The spokesman of the Southern Kaduna People’s Union (SOKAPU), Luka Binniyat disclosed that there is now a new pattern of attack by the militia, saying:
“There are attacks on farmers in their farms, just as one happened at a village called Machudu, close to Zangon Kataf on Thursday”.

“The assailants are still lurking in bushes and preying on isolated people. So, the violence is not over. People in their communities are now fleeing in droves for refuge in IDP camps or staying with relatives in all parts of the state and even outside Kaduna.”

Meanwhile, contacting the Police Spokesman in the state, ASP Mohammed Jalige on phone for his reaction to the exodus of villagers from communities in Southern Kaduna to IDP Camps, and general insecurity in the area, he said:
“Please let me contact the DPO in the area, I will get back to you.”

A statement by the state commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said following the disturbing cycle of violence, the Kaduna State government has appealed to all residents to embrace recourse to the law, and break the brutal cycle of killing and reprisal, to adequately support government’s peace-building efforts in the area.

Hits: 1

Share This Post:

Peter Gbenga Odunayo is an indigene of Kogi State, Nigeria. A graduate of Federal Polytechnic Kaduna, Nigeria. Connecting people with the most trusted and reliable information has been my priority. Emperoblog is ready to give you the best informative content and aims to keep providing valuable/reliable information to all readers.

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Hairstyles

    November 15, 2021 at 10:49 am

    I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours these days, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It抯 lovely worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the web might be a lot more useful than ever before.

  2. Hairstyles

    November 17, 2021 at 3:40 am

    One thing is that when you find yourself searching for a education loan you may find that you will need a co-signer. There are many situations where this is true because you should find that you do not use a past credit ranking so the bank will require that you have someone cosign the borrowed funds for you. Thanks for your post.

  3. Hairstyles

    November 21, 2021 at 7:30 pm

    What i don’t realize is actually how you’re not really much more well-liked than you may be right now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. Always maintain it up!

  4. https://topphimhot.net

    November 26, 2021 at 3:56 am

    Best View i have ever seen !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

INTERNATIONAL NEWS

The CEO of Twitter resigned amidst a dilemma

Published

on

Jack Dorsey

Jack Dorsey posted his resignation on Monday (yesterday), after 16 years of founding the social media company.

“I resigned from Twitter,” he wrote and posted a screenshot of his resignation letter sent to Twitter.
He also blazoned Parag Agrawal as his successor.

EndSARS Battle with FG
Dorsey has not been in the good books of the Nigerian government since October 2020, over an allegation that he was complicit in the creation of the EndSARS protests that ended in the destruction of lives and billions of property in Nigeria.

In June 2021, the governance of the Nigerian President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), suspended Twitter, citing the “persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria’s corporate existence”. The Federal Government’s action followed an omission of a controversial civil war post by the President.

The Buhari governance had since come under fire for what numerous nominated as a restriction of the right of expression.

The global community containing the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, amongst others had since knocked the Buhari governance for the action but the Federal Government had been unyielding in its stance averring that the sovereignty of the West African nation must be admired by the San Francisco tech giant.

Millions of content generators in Nigeria, who earn their living from the microblogging site, have been affected as they’re interdicted from using Twitter. Some of them have since embarked on a trip of diversification while exploring other social media platforms.

Nigeria, with over 200 million people, had about 33 million active social media users as of January 2021. WhatsApp is the most popular platform used in the country, with over 90 million users according to Statista.

Also according to Statista, about 61.4 percent of Nigerian social media users use Twitter, 86.2 percent use Facebook, 81.6 percent use YouTube, 73.1 percent use Instagram, and 67.2 percent use Facebook Messenger.

Read Dorsey’s full resignation letter:

Hello team.
After almost 16 years of having a part at our company …. from-founder to CEO to Chair to Exec Chair to interim CEO… I decided it’s eventually time for me to leave.

Why?

There’s a lot of talk about the significance of a company being author-led.’ Eventually, I believe that’s oppressively limiting and a single point of failure. I’ve worked hard to ensure this company can break down from its founding and founders.

There are 3 reasons I believe now is the right time.

The first is Parag becoming our CEO. The board ran a rigorous process considering all options and unanimously appointed Parag. He’s been my choice for some time given how deeply he understands the company and its requirements.

Parag has been behind every critical decision that helped turn this company around. He’s curious, probing, rational, creative, demanding, tone-apprehensive, and humble. He leads with heart and soul and is someone I learn from daily. My trust in him as our CEO is bone-deep.

The second is Bret Taylor agreeing to become our board president, I asked Bret to join our board when I became CEO, and he’s been excellent in every way. He understands entrepreneurship, taking pitfalls, companies at massive scale, technology, product, and he’s a mastermind.

All of the effects the board and the company earn right now. Having Bret in this leadership part gives me a lot of confidence in the strength of our board going forward. You have no idea how happy this makes me!

The third is all of you. We have a lot of ambition and eventuality on this team. Consider this Parag started then as a mastermind who watched deeply about our work and now he’s our CEO (I also had an analogous path … he did it more!). This alone makes me proud.

I know that Parag will be suitable to conduct this energy best because he’s lived it and knows what it takes. All of you have the eventuality to change the course of this company for the better. I believe this with all my heart!

Parag is CEO starting today. I’m going to serve on the board through my term (May-ish) to help Parag and Bret with the transition. And after that … I’ll leave the board. Why not stay or become president? I believe it’s really important to give Parag the space he needs to lead.

And back to my former point, I believe it’s critical a company can stand on its own, free of its author’s influence or direction.
I want you all to know that this was my decision and I enjoy it. It was a tough one for me, of course. I love this service and company … and all of you so much. I’m really sad … … yet really happy.

There aren’t numerous companies that get to this position. And there aren’t numerous authors that choose their company over their pride. I know we’ll prove this was the right move.

We’ll have an each-hands meeting hereafter at 905 AM Pacific to discuss it all. Until then, thank you all for the trust you’ve placed in me, and for the openness to make that trust in Parag and yourselves. I love you all.

Hits: 20

Share This Post:
Continue Reading

INTERNATIONAL NEWS

Secretary Blinken’s Call with Kenyan President Kenyatta

Published

on

OFFICE OF THE SPOKESPERSON

NOVEMBER 26, 2021

The following is attributable to Spokesperson Ned Price:

Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken spoke today with Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta. Secretary Blinken thanked President Kenyatta for his warm and productive visit to Nairobi on November 17-18. Secretary Blinken expressed grave concern about worrying signs of military escalation in Ethiopia and emphasized the need to urgently move to negotiations.

President Kenyatta and Secretary Blinken agreed on the importance of unhindered humanitarian access for all communities affected by the conflict and reiterated their support for an inclusive political dialogue.

Hits: 1

Share This Post:
Continue Reading

INTERNATIONAL NEWS

Elimination of Violence against Women

Published

on

Observance of International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
PRESS STATEMENT

ANTONY J. BLINKEN, SECRETARY OF STATE

NOVEMBER 24, 2021

Preventing and responding to gender-based violence (GBV) is a human rights imperative and one this Administration is committed to championing. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, GBV impeded women and girls’ free and full participation in society.

The pandemic has only exacerbated existing gender inequities, including increasing women’s economic insecurity; decreasing access to education and safe spaces for girls; and growing risk to all forms of GBV, particularly intimate partner violence, female genital mutilation/cutting, homophobic and transphobic violence, and child, early, and forced marriage.

We are taking steps to address the “shadow pandemic” of GBV around the world. In March, President Biden called for the development of the first-ever U.S. National Action Plan to End GBV and an update to the U.S. Strategy to Prevent and Respond to GBV Globally.

Both processes will include significant input from valued civil society partners, many of whom have served on the front lines of this pandemic. Addressing GBV, including online harassment and abuse, will also be a priority topic of discussion in President Biden’s upcoming Summit for Democracy.

In addition, the recently released U.S. National Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality highlights the elimination of GBV as one of our core gender and national security priorities. Guided by these strategic documents, the United States will develop and strengthen policies to end all forms of GBV, address GBV through comprehensive service provision, and increase prevention efforts.

Everyone deserves to live a life free from violence and achieve their full potential. Gender-based violence undermines the human rights and fundamental freedoms of far too many people in far too many places. The United States condemns all forms and instances of gender-based violence.

On this 30th anniversary of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence, we recommit to preventing and responding to gender-based violence as a moral and strategic imperative, as fairness and equity issue, and as a driver of our collective prosperity and security.

Hits: 10

Share This Post:
Continue Reading

Trending