Parents have four major roles to play in the life of their children.
1 INSTRUCTIONAL ROLES
2 REBUKE ROLES
3 EXHORTATION ROLES
4 EDUCATIVE ROLES
1️⃣ INSTRUCTIONAL ROLES
We must instruct our children :
* To bear well in public.
* To rise beforehand each day.
* To supplicate first thing as they rise.
* To be the first to greet people.
* To clean up themselves duly.
* To clean their terrain.
* To be early and timely to every diurnal task.
* To be orderly.
* To be regardful to people.
* To speak in a decent language.
* To organize themselves.
* To plan their schedules.
* To have their diurnal schedule off hand.
* To comport themselves in quietness.
* To be eloquent, reasonable, and expectant.
* To ask questions when in mistrustfulness.
* To hear precisely with understanding.
* To act with form, courtesy, and modesty always.
* To defend the family name and image at all times.
* To observe elders, set rules and regulations.
* To supplicate before retiring to bed at night.
2️⃣ REBUKE ROLES
We must rebuke our children:
* When they portray shiftlessness.
* When they’re prayerless.
* When they appear dirty.
* When they are impertinent.
* When they speak foul languages.
* When they speak inaptly.
* When they sit carelessly.
* When they share in unasked conversations.
* When they come late to movables or tasks.
* When they talk back to elders in wrathfulness.
* When you notice the pride in them.
* When they come profligate.
* When they eat desultorily.
* When they can not control their appetite.
* When you notice ostentatious life in them.
* When they suppose about materialism always.
* When they unnecessarily compare themselves with others.
* When they speak abusively of other parents or elders or mates.
* When you discern the spirit of abomination in them.
* When they make hate speeches.
* When they complain always about others.
* When they move with suspicious characters.
* When they aren’t exalting literacy.
* When they are not proud of academic achievements.
* When they abuse their preceptors at home.
* When they discredit their academy.
* When they plan to vengeance or avenge against conduct.
* When they refuse to observe constituted authority.
* When they fail to pray.
3️⃣ EXHORTATION ROLES
Parents must Praise their children:
* When they do well in assignments and examinations.
* When they’re duly dressed.
* When they speak well in public.
* When they speak well of their institution and preceptors.
* When they speak well of others.
* When their carriage is decent.
* When they express Godly values.
* When they always talk about excellence.
* When they spend less time watching Television.
* When they spend more time studying.
* When they spend less time talking.
* When they spend more time hearing.
* When they spend the right time praying.
* When they spend less time playing.
* When they know what to do.
* When they know what’s right.
* When they refuse to do what’s wrong.
* When their ambition is to be the best in good trials.
* When they speak of becoming accomplished People.
* When they take action that meets good dreams.
4️⃣ EDUCATIVE ROLES
Parents must educate their children:
* How to live an honest life.
* How to live amongst people.
* How to live in comfort with others.
* How to love and appreciate others.
* How to be sunshiny to all concerned.
* How to love their teachers, school, and those in authority over them.
* How to observe rules and regulations.
* How to live in quality and tone- regard.
* How to plan their future.
* How to raise Godly homes.
* How proper education answers utmost of life’s challenges.
* How to escape from a bad fellowship.
* How to pick a career.
* How to develop their career.
* How to pass through life successfully by depending on God and not man.
* How to pass examinations without malpractice.
* How to be studious and make their brains.
* How to set academic norms for now and their future.
* How to show Excellent Achievements and not Beauty.
* How to be Intellectual Celebrities.
* How to have a vision.
* That Godliness with pleasure is great gain.
* How to love GOD and their neighbor.
* How to live in fear of GOD.
* When we play these roles, our children by the grace of GOD will come out great and the parents will have good old age and keepsake.